My Books

Sierra's books

Wait Till Helen Comes
The Small Outsider; The Story Of An Autistic Child
Found
Ella Enchanted
Stargirl
Hoot
Holes
The Outsiders
The Magykal Papers
Darke
Syren
Queste
Physik
If I Stay
Magic Under Glass
Deep and Dark and Dangerous
Magyk
Flyte
Inkheart
Among the Hidden


Sierra's favorite books »

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Small Outsider

I am starting a new book called The Small Outsider by Joan Martin Hundley. I am starting the first chapter today and I already know that the main character has been going through many problems just by looking at the cover. It's a picture of a young child with his hands in his pockets and his shoulders slumped, staring at the ground. I read the summary and it really made me feel upset to know about what the child was facing and the problems that he will meet or have already met on his journey through life. The book is about a boy named David who learns that he has a disorder called autism and how he fights through life.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That would be hard to learn that you have issues, I would be terrible. But self-pity doesn't do any good, only hard work. That kid must be pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete