My Books

Sierra's books

Wait Till Helen Comes
The Small Outsider; The Story Of An Autistic Child
Found
Ella Enchanted
Stargirl
Hoot
Holes
The Outsiders
The Magykal Papers
Darke
Syren
Queste
Physik
If I Stay
Magic Under Glass
Deep and Dark and Dangerous
Magyk
Flyte
Inkheart
Among the Hidden


Sierra's favorite books »

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Final BLog Assessment



I have only read one book this trimester. I didn’t meet my goal. My goal was to read three or more books this trimester. Goodreads helped me find books that I might be interested in based on my favorite genres. I looked at some of the books that goodreads suggested and I noticed that I was interested and I wanted to read some of them. One thing that I struggled with was that the book I was reading was very depressing, and I have noticed that whenever I read a depressing or sad book, I tend to read slower than I usually do. When I read books that are not as sad, I tend to read a little faster. This book, I noticed, took me about the whole trimester to finish. But when I read a book that was more in a genre that I usually read, like the book “If I Stay” by Gayle Forman, it only takes me about three days. To prevent myself from reading slower, I decided to read aloud. A strength that I had with blogging was showing my opinion about the book.


            My writing has improved over the course of the trimester because I thought of a connection between myself and the text. On January 7th, my blog post states, “Sometimes, when I think of allergies, the first thing I think of is a little girl explaining a long list of items that she can't have or even smell. This little girl would always remain calm and know exactly what to do in case of an emergency. David on the other hand, wasn't calm. As his mother was taking him to the doctor, he kept fussing until he took something that made the swelling stop.” This shows that I compared to what I thought to David’s problem.


            Another quote from my blog is on December 3rd, it states, “The theme of this book was to always think before you do. Every little decision you make can impact your life. From what color crayon you want use, to which house you want to buy.” This quote also shows a theme being compared to everyday life. I have improved because I wouldn’t usually think of comparing myself to the text. I’ve learned a lot this trimester. One of the main things that I have learned is to pick a book that has a genre that I really like to read in order to achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment